FROST PROTECTION FOR FIRE SPRINKLER PIPEWORK SYSTEMS
It is a requirement BS EN 12845 to protect wet sprinkler systems permanent charged with water were freezing may occur.
Any electrical trace heating frost protection system protecting sprinkler pipework has to comply with the following
1) Power and heating element failure has to be monitored
2) Duplicate heating elements are required, each element has to be capable of providing sufficient heating duty to prevent the onset of freezing and switched by separate circuits
A BS specification complaint smart controller for use with self-regulating or fixed resistance cables is required which has the following key features:
1) Monitors two heating cables
2) Fault notification
3) Automatic switchover if one heating cable fails
4) Heating automatically energised when ambient drops below +5°C
5) Fault alarm output for connection to BMS/SCADA Systems
For further guidance and technical information please mail or call.